Sunday 14 December 2014

The famous Ginger Cookie

Old Fashioned Ginger Biscuits

Well, it's been 2 weeks since we've moved into our rental home here in Wellington, NZ. 
So, so many boxes are still unopened - stored in the garage. I have no clue where my recipe books are... and my mind, hands, mouth, nostrils (hehe) want to bake something!!! When I REALLY feel like cooking or baking something, I taste it in my mouth looong before the finished product ;-). I'm sure you know what I'm talking about!!

No recipe book - no problem - Google!

I found this website www.pinkpolkadotfood.com. And there it was... Ginger Cookies that you roll in sugar before baking them! They are the best!

Presenting: The Ginger Cookie


Ingredients:

  • 230g butter
  • 250g sugar
  • 250ml golden syrup
  • 10ml bicarbonate of soda
  • 15ml milk
  • 550g cake flour
  • 5ml salt
  • 60ml ginger powder
  • extra sugar (optional) 

Method

Pre-heat the oven to 180ºC and butter 2 to 3 baking tins.
Mix the butter, sugar and golden syrup together until well combined.
Add the bicarbonate of soda to the milk and mix into the butter mixture.
Sift the cake flour, salt and ginger powder together and add to the butter mixture. Mix until it forms a dough.
Roll the dough into small balls. (Maybe slightly smaller than a ping-pong ball).
Roll into the sugar to be covered (optional).
Place on the buttered baking tins ( or baking sheets) and bake in the pre-heated oven for approximately 10 minutes or until golden brown.
Cool down for 2 – 3 minutes and transfer to cooling racks.
Once cooled down completely store in an airtight container. 
Ben and Ingrid helping mom bake. I will have to find their aprons!

Roll the little balls in sugar before baking.
Perfect for Christmas. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment